We truly are living in unprecedented times.
COVID-19 has turned the world upside down, and the world of the arts especially has been hit hard. Rehearsals and live performing are on an indefinite hold around the world, but that doesn't mean the act of making music is totally impossible. This pandemic has opened the doors to virtual music making, and with the right attitude and guidance, you can create a beautiful piece of art from the safety of your own homes.
Virtual music making is great for many reasons. First, with most performing and rehearsing gone for the foreseeable future, a lot of musicians currently have an unfulfilled void. Performing virtually is great way to fill that void and is a tangible goal to achieve for groups of all sizes. Second, virtual music making encourages personal growth for the performer. With the right guidance, performers can become more critical of their individual musicality and story-telling while recording their parts. Third, the goal of a virtual performance is the same as a concert: to share your art with an audience willing to watch and listen. The only difference now is that the audience is watching and listening on their own devices EVERYWHERE, not in a specific cathedral or concert hall. Fourth, although a virtual performance can't quite match the feeling of walking off a stage, students and directors can agree that listening to a virtual performance for the first time is extremely comparable if done right. That's where we come in.
Why you should choose Martin Music Productions:
Founder Connor Martin has a degree in music performance and has performed in symphonic bands, orchestras, choirs, chamber ensembles, a cappella groups and more. This experience has lead to a deep understanding of music and a high level of musicianship. Paired with his extensive knowledge in audio and visual production, he understands the important steps and complexity that it takes to create an amazing virtual product.
How we achieve virtual greatness:
- Discuss the project at length and tailor it to your needs, anywhere from a simple audio recording to a full video experience
- Make a schedule and go over MMP's Guidelines for Success to ensure that you and your performers are comfortable and ready to go
- Take the audio files of your performers and use the industry-standard program ProTools to mix your audio to professional quality as if you were hearing it in person
- Use the power of Final Cut Pro X to seamlessly mend all the videos and the finished audio mix into a mesmerizing video
- Share your finished project with the world!!
Other ways to be successful virtually:
Are you trying to produce something yourself but need some guidance? Do you need feedback on your project to give it the spark it deserves? We offer one-on-one Zoom lessons in a variety of topics so you can learn from a pro and make a successful video! These topics include:
Are you ready to work with Martin Music Productions on your next virtual project?
If you're interested in virtual lessons, are unsure about your virtual project or just have questions, hit the button below.
- Setting your project up to run smoothly
- Audio: from voice memos to a polished sonic experience
- Video: go beyond your standard grid video
- Being productive in ProTools or Final Cut Pro X
- A Cappella production: vocal editing, drum editing, mixing